Thursday, April 2, 2009

Home Again!

It's nice to be home, but boy is catching up hard to do! We are adjusting pretty well to the time change except for D. He is not sleeping well at all, poor kid (as a result I am not getting much sleep either). Because of the sleep inertia he is pretty grouchy/needy when he is awake,which makes it a little difficult to get stuff done; it's almost harder than when he was a newborn (anybody want my baby for a day?). I have also decided to continue homeschooling AP, so most of the day has been devoted to that. On the other hand, AJ was very anxious to get back to public school and wasted no time in doing so. We got back Saturday night and she was ready to go Monday morning. We brought back some little koala clips for each of her classmates, so her teacher had her come up and tell about Australia before handing them out. I was so impressed with how much she knew and remembered! Anyway, I am hoping that it doesn't take too long to get caught up on things; sleep, unpacking, cleaning, reorganizing, (we moved a lot of stuff around to make space for our housesitters). All in all though it is good to be back! AP&AJ are so happy to be with their friends, toys, cat, and backyard!! And for me, it was delightful to go to the store today and not have to pay for parking (it was such a pain always trying to come up with the correct change) and so nice being able to find all my favorite brands and foods. What a joy to get apples for less than $5/lb and ground beef for less than $6/lb. . . And grapes for .99/lb--yeah Albertsons! It was also great to be able buy bulk items. Oh, how I missed Costco! Of course, it has been fun to see faces we missed while gone (can't wait to see more) and I am looking forward to catching up with everyone!

3 comments:

The Thornleys said...

Welcome back!! I hope we get to see you soon!!

Henry Family said...

Glad you all made it home safe! I hope D adjusts to the time change soon so you can all get some sleep. Thank you for the wonderful package. The kids love their koalas and enjoyed the letters from AJ and AP. I'm working on getting some letters in the mail from my kids to yours.

Carmell Childs said...

I really just can't imagine apples being so expensive? I think we would starve! Isn't Utah amazing that way! That's great your home!