I am not much of a practical joker (didn't inherit that family trait), so April Fools' Day is usually lost on me. However, I remembered this meatloaf cake from a magazine J gave me several years ago and had to give it a try.

I wanted to have it all done before everyone got home, but didn't have time and was afraid my joke was ruined since AP saw me make the meatloaf and AJ saw me make the mashed potatoes. However, she thought I was putting mashed potatoes on a chocolate cake so it was still pretty funny!

We had "wormy" apples with our dinner too. Overall it was a hit and AP is already asking for a repeat! I hope everyone had a fun fools day!
5 comments:
ok that is the most creative and funny way to celebrate the holiday. I am not much for practical jokes, but this one is good!
How cute and clever! Your children are lucky to have such a fun mom! I completely forgot about April Fool's day this year, but next year I'm going copy this idea. Thanks for sharing! :)
great idea! I think I need you to email me the recipe so I can try it next year! :)
I love it. I wish I could be that creative. Even if I was, I am sure I couldn't have made the cake look that good. I have a friend who did a spaghetti and meatball dinner for April fools with ice cream made into noodles (don't ask me how), strawberries smashed for the sauce, and whoppers as the meatballs. Then she had meatloaf with mashed potatoe frosting made into cupcakes. It was pretty cute as well. Maybe next year I can get creative. We didn't even play any jokes on each other this year. We are so boring.
Heather that cake was amazing!!! It looked like it came straight from the bakery. what a cute family, and you look so beautiful!! I was so excited to hear that Sharla found your blog! It's exciting to be in touch with family!
Post a Comment