Last night I sent A&A off to brush their teeth. Soon after, I heard shrieking coming from the bathroom. When I went in to see what was going on AJ was crying while AP stood looking somewhat guilty. When I asked what had happened they both started talking over each other, so I split them up to get their stories. I wrote it down as they told me. . .
AP’s version: “We went into the bathroom and AJ smiled her evil smile at me and laughed her wicked laugh and then ran to the faucet and turned it up to its full height of hotness.”
Here I stopped him, stifled a laugh, and asked him if he was exaggerating at all.
“Wellll. . .ok maybe she wasn’t laughing wickedly. She was trying to do an angel smile, but I knew there was evil behind it. . .”
I raised my eyebrows at him, and tried again not to laugh.
“Ok she didn’t have an evil smile, but she turned the faucet all the way up to hot and then she put her toothbrush under it until it was burning hot and then put it on my face to burn me! It was so close to my brain it must have zapped it so without thinking my hands went up in alarm and smacked her.”
AJ’s version: “I was wetting my toothbrush and I accidentally turned on the hot water. Then I put my toothbrush on AP’s forehead.”
“Why did you do that?”
“I don’t why--"
Here I interjected, "So are you sure you weren't trying to tease him?"
No answer just a ducking of the head (which she does when she has been caught).
"All right go on."
"It burned him so he hit my head. That hurt and made me scream and cry.”
I read AJ’s version to AP and asked him what he thought.
“Hmmm. Let me see that (the notebook) and I will circle what really happened.”
The highlighted portions are what he circled. Nothing like getting the real story.
New Year's Eve
7 months ago
1 comment:
That is seriously the most hilarious thing I have ever read! Your kids absolutely kill me. "Wickedly laughing" - oh I'm so glad you keep track of everything they do and say. It really reminds me of how I used to pester Jason - still brings me joy to think about it!
Post a Comment