Saturday, October 30, 2010

Dressing up is fun to do

This was D's dress rehearsal beginning of the month. Our church carnival was the first Tuesday in October so we had to come up with costumes right away. D has been thoroughly obsessed with Larryboy (superhero from VeggieTales), and pretends to be him all the time. So that was the obvious choice for his Halloween attire. I just wasn't sure how I was going to pull off the plunger ears until I came upon these canning funnels. He LOVED it! As soon as he saw himself in the mirror he had to test out his super-suction action. I had to use good old paper and tape for the eyes, etc., since I bought the hat and funnels the morning of the carnival and ended up only having about 10 minutes to throw it all together. Later I sewed on felt eyes/nose.
And here he is Hallow's eve minus the nose. . . I couldn't get the hat off long enough to attach it until AP and AJ had already left with their friends to get candy.
AP wanted to be a vampire banana. He went around telling everyone, "I want to drink your fruit juice." I don't know where he comes up with this stuff.
AJ wore one of my old ballet costumes and was a snow princess. We did have snow a couple of days before Halloween, but only rain while they were trick or treating.


This picture of them all together was taken the night of the carnival.


And D never actually made it out trick-or-treating. He had a great time helping J and I hand out candy. Especially when Mario and Luigi came to the door. It was cute to hear him telling all of the trick-or-treaters things like, "Oh, wow," "Dat's a cool cosume," "Happy Halloween," "here's you candy," and "Have fun guys!"
and really, who needs candy when you have such a nice cat?
AP snapped this shot of us at the end of the night. Pretty funny for the kid who is always complaining about our demonstrations of affection.Hope everyone had a fun Halloween!

3 comments:

The Thornleys said...

Cute Cute KIDS!

Carrie said...

How adorable! Love the costumes!!! Especially "I want to drink your fruit juice... "

Nikki said...

That hat is amazing. Great job. Everyone looked good in their Costumes.