Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sharing my childhood

After our get-together, we stopped to visit the horses and I showed them some of the places my cousins and I used to play. Thanks to Lexi, A&A got to ride on the 4-wheeler (which is about the coolest thing ever). And, of course, Aunt TedAnn had pop-ice's for us! It was so nostalgic watching my red-faced, sweaty kids sitting on her steps eating them. She also brought me out fresh aloe vera leaves to rub on their poor sunburned cheeks. Of course AJ freaked out just at the thought of that sticky plant coming close to her (I remember my own protests when Mom and Grandma put it on me). Here some pictures, and while my kids couldn't get the full experience of my childhood visits to Grandma's in such a short time, it was fun to share these little bits with them!
playing in the old cars

as a kid I thought this army ambulance was SO cool
old appliances and other junk were used to play house
climbing the haystacks
Lancey and AJ feed the horses
AP with Bonnie and Phae
On the way home I had the following conversation with AJ
AJ: When can we visit Aunt TedAnn again?
me: Hmmm, I'm not really sure.
AJ: I hope it's soon.
me: that would be fun.
a little bit later. . .
AJ: Who owns all that land by Aunt TedAnn's house?
me: I think most of it is my uncles' but some of it is Aunt TedAnn's
AJ: Do you think they would sell us some?
me: Why?
AJ: I want to build a house there and move there so I can play at Aunt TedAnn's all the time!

1 comment:

Kalista said...

What a great place to take pictures. You took some gorgeous shots!! I really love the look of the old cars and it is cute how the kids are playing in them, plus the background scenery is so pretty.